‘Believe – Achieve – Succeed’ has been embraced by all of the schools within The Dean Trust.
Dean Trust Wigan delivers a traditional education based on good behaviour and respect with a ‘no nonsense’ approach. Underpinning our ambition for high standards is our commitment to an inclusive and caring community of which parents and carers can be proud.
Our aim is to work in partnership with all parents and we will always be pleased to meet with you to discuss your child’s education. We welcome each child to be part of a school community that will strive to provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment.
We will provide a challenge to all pupils so that education is valued, respected and becomes a key element in the development of their character. We will build on the primary school experience to develop opportunities for leadership and personal development.
A curriculum and extra curricular programme that, challenges, engages and meets pupils’ needs and aspirations. Pupils will be given the support they need to achieve their goals.
It is vital that when our pupils leave Dean Trust Wigan that they all succeed in gaining a place at college, with a training provider or in employment. We have a clear plan in place for all of our pupils.
THE DEAN TRUST’S VALUES AND ETHOS
As part of our protocols, we have a number of over-arching aims and a mission that pervades all of the Dean Trust schools and academies as follows:
- We always put ‘pupils first’
- We follow Local Authority admissions criteria
- We believe that local children should attend local schools and we are not selective
- We are fully inclusive and welcome children from vulnerable groups e.g FSM, SEND, LAC etc
- We continuously provide high quality professional development for all of our staff
- We follow the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions and National Joint Council conditions of service
- We work positively with trade unions and actively involve them in our decision making
- We play our full role in behaviour partnerships/hard to place protocols
- We always put collaboration before competition
- To work in the areas of greatest challenge
- To move all academies in the Trust to at least ‘Good’ using The Dean Trust school improvement offer from the centre (Teaching School)
- To sustain improvements by developing character, values and beliefs alongside sound systems and processes
- To ensure that all academies in our Trust adopt The Dean Trust model for success, high aspirations, high standards and continuous improvement throughout the organisation
- To concentrate our operation within a 50-mile radius of the Central Hub to ensure that coverage of the academy group and lead times are manageable and focused
- The Trust would have at the centre The Dean Trust Teaching School and high quality School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT)
- To have high quality academy/school governance at the heart of the process
- To establish a strong centralised ‘back office’ support service for the academy group which is well resourced and funded to meet operational needs